Looking to work with us? We will gladly accept another 12 Chico properties in 2018. Updated: December 2018 | Learn More
North Valley Property Owners Association (NVPOA)We are a proud Chico member of NVPOA. The North Valley Property Owners Association, representing over 7,000 rental units, is an industry association founded to promote, protect, and advance the rental housing industry, and to enhance and promote the relationship between property owners and residents for their mutual benefit.
Advocate a Code of Ethics, and maintain high professional standards for the best interests of the residential rental industry.
Provide education for property managers and maintenance staff to improve the quality of on-site management and maintenance in our industry.
Work with legislators at the local, state and national level to promote legislation that advances our industry.
Promote positive relationships between the owners of rental properties, managers and their residents, the government, and suppliers of goods and services to our industry.
Code of EthicsWe, the members of the North Valley Property Owners Association, recognize our ethical duties to the communities of which we are a part. Being ever mindful of the increasing role of the rental industry in providing homes, we have united ourselves for the purpose of the improving the services and conditions of the rental housing industry. Therefore NVPOA adopts this Code of Ethics as our guide and for our members that are in good standing and they agree to abide by these ethical principles.
- Comply with all applicable law and regulations.
- Recognize the value of written contracts and endorse their use.
- Commit to honesty, integrity, and fair dealing in our capacity as rental housing professionals.
- Believe in and encourage ongoing education for all participants in the rental housing industry.
- Adhere to the principle of cooperation and friendship among the members of this association so as to further the interests of all members.
- Relate to Residents in a courteous, respectful, considerate manner with the understanding that Residents and Owners have objectives which depend on each other; that Residents seek quiet enjoyment of suitable housing at competitive rates and Owners seek a return on the required investment sufficient to motivate them to provide such housing.
- Will offer rental housing to all prospects without regard to color, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, physical handicap or national origin, nor in any other manner unlawfully discriminate.
- Support the various programs of the association, and communicate with its officers regarding its presentations in the media, its other projections into the community, and the benefits of membership.