Please check back on 2/1/2019 with any questions on renewing your lease. We are not processing renewals currently.
Am I a Good Fit?
Not sure if you are right for our services? Here are some common characteristics of our owners:
- Live out of town and rely on us to do our job
- Desire to be completely hands off and let us handle the management of their assets
- Have a minimum net worth of $500K or sufficient income to do major repairs as they come up
- Owns this property with investment income and creation of value as an objective
- Doesn't have a negative cashflow
- Wants to own a good quality property, improving the quality of it on each change of tenants
- Prefers email communication and respects the time of others
- Has a connected computer and can login/check their own statements
- Honors that this is our profession and we take pride in how we do it
- Is willing to take our advice and input seriously
- Trusts us to do all tenant contact. Owners are not permitted to contact tenants.
- Wants to own a property that is good working order at all times
- Sees the value and are willing to pay for professional yard service
- Trusts us to do all leasing and document prep
- Trusts us to determine proper utilities charges including water bill backs to help offset owner utilities
- Is open to good and well documented pets
- Trusts IPM holds tenant deposits at all times
- Trusts us to do unit turnovers, within 15 days, or 30 days for rehabs.
- Understands basic accounting, budgeting and the overall cost of owning a rental
- Understands fixed owner disbursements, leaving the remainder each month according to the annual property budget
- Lets us deal with all renewals and leases. Let us know if you plan to sell at least 6 months ahead of time!
- Trusts us to pay all invoices, schedule vendors when needed and handle all interactions with vendors
- Makes decision promptly, we need someone who is willing to make a decision and not have to think about it or go back and forth on something
- Responds promptly to emails/calls regarding property issues (such as need for approval, repairs, etc)
- Willing to pay for licensed professionals to complete work
- Expects surprise large repairs, or plans preventatively to avoid surprises
- Respects our opinions on when a tenant needs to be served notice and why
- Understands and abide by all fair housing laws, anyone can rent anywhere. No students allowed in a home is a way to get everyone in trouble.
A few more things you'll hear from us often
- We have maintenance staff Annual Inspections at the owner's expenses, usually less than $150.
- Trust our "Recipe", a pre designed "template" for units with paint colors, floors, toliets, fixtures and more
- We find it best to provide tenant with all appliances such as a washer, dryer and fridge, and promptly repair or replace them when they are broken
- Owners Don't have any involvement in security deposits itemizations. We only charge tenants what is ethically and legally possible against their deposit. We aim to leave every tenant interaction with a feeling of fairness.
- Sometimes renters do more damage then you might expect and that owners might have to foot that cost.